Links: Concordia Viol Consort, Tafelmusik Chamber Choir Auditions, and Magnificat Baroque Ensemble
A few early music links of note.
- Getting to know: Concordia, an English viol consort that rarely gets any mention in North America (even though they’ve been around for nearly two decades). Their performances are nothing short of excellent.
- Choral auditions: The Tafelmusik Chamber Choir, the official vocal ensemble for Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra, is having auditions within the next month. More information can be found here (application deadline is April 19th).
- Website of the week: Magnificat Baroque Ensemble, directed by Warren Stewart, has an impressive website for their many endeavors, including the acclaimed Cozzolani Project. You can even follow their tweets, become a Facebook fan, or keep up with their blog.
In case you missed this week’s posts:
- Video: Gary Cooper Performs the Aria from J.S. Bach’s ‘Goldberg Variations’
- Memento Mori: Composer Bernhard Heiden (1910-2000)
- Voices from the 18th Century: W.A. Mozart on Myslivecek’s ‘cancer of the bone’
- Meet a Musician: Yuriria Rodriguez, Soprano